Statement of Intent
Through the teaching of our curriculum we are:
- Ensuring high standards are achieved through curiosity, discovery and partnership between pupils, staff, parents and the community
- Providing an enquiry-based curriculum, developing knowledge, understanding, transferable skills and cultural capital in a purposeful way that will improve the lives of our children
- Creating inclusive and accessible learning environments that are safe, welcoming and enticing
- Using innovative and creative approaches to learning that recognise the importance of equipping children for the future in a rapidly changing world
- Nurturing pupils’ self-esteem, self-awareness, confidence, resilience, health and wellbeing
- Demonstrating a commitment to Equal Opportunities, Multi-cultural Education and promoting Modern British Values
Our curriculum is dynamic and reviewed regularly to ensure it is fit for purpose, relevant to different cohorts and takes account of any changes locally.
Children’s work is planned to meet their particular needs. It is differentiated to meet the needs of their differing abilities, and where appropriate children are grouped, where appropriate, by ability from Year 1 upwards to facilitate this within Mathematics and English.
We use the Oxford Reading Tree Reading Scheme to teach reading across the school.
We currently follow the Read Write Inc. approach to phonics teaching although this is currently under review.
Should you require any further information on the curriculum we deliver in school, please do not hesitate to contact the school office.