Welcome to Year 2!
- There are three classes in Year 2:
- 2M (Miss Maher)
- 2B (Miss Bull)
- 2T (Miss Tromans)
Mrs Willis, Miss Parsons and Miss Hawthorne also teach in Year 2.
Our support staff are Mrs Whitehouse, Mrs Cox, Mrs Hartland, Miss Southwick and Mrs Lowe.
This year the topics that we will be covering are:
Fire Fire (Autumn Term)
Wonderful Water (Spring Term)
Fighting Fit (Summer Term)
Every Friday, the bears from each Year 2 classroom have the opportunity to go home with a child for the weekend. The bears need to be returned on the following Monday.
- P.E. is on Wednesday and Thursdays. Please make sure that no earrings are worn on these days.
- Homework is given out on Fridays and needs to be returned to school on Tuesdays.
- Word lists for spelling tests are given out on Fridays and spelling tests take place on:
- Miss Hawthorne's group - Wednesday
- Miss Maher's group and Miss Tromans' group - Thursday
- Miss Bull's group - Friday
We would like to thank all Year 2 children for their hard work with the Christmas Nativity 'A Miracle in Town.'
As an end to our Fire, Fire topic we looked at volcanoes and how pressure builds.
Santa made his way to Sledmere Primary School after hearing about all the hard work this term!
As a treat for all their hard work, Key Stage 1 watched a performance to celebrate the end of term.
As part of our 'wonderful water' topic we have been learning about the Titanic. On Thursday 10th March, we walked to Netherton to visit the replica anchor. We had a fun time and the children were amazed at the size of the anchor!!