Statement of Intent
Through the teaching of our curriculum we are:
- Ensuring high standards are achieved through curiosity, discovery and partnership between pupils, staff, parents and the community
- Providing an enquiry-based curriculum, developing knowledge, understanding, transferable skills and cultural capital in a purposeful way that will improve the lives of our children
- Creating inclusive and accessible learning environments that are safe, welcoming and enticing
- Using innovative and creative approaches to learning that recognise the importance of equipping children for the future in a rapidly changing world
- Nurturing pupils’ self-esteem, self-awareness, confidence, resilience, health and wellbeing
Our curriculum is dynamic and reviewed regularly to ensure it is fit for purpose, relevant to different cohorts and takes account of any changes locally.
We use the Oxford Reading Tree Reading Scheme to teach reading across the school.
We currently follow the Read Write Inc. approach to phonics teaching although this is currently under review.